Annual competitive admission process
The VAS Doctoral School chooses amongst a pool of candidates to award a limited number of national and regional thesis fellowships. More than 30 such fellowships are awarded every year.
The majority of these fellowships are awarded in July based on the results of a competitive admissions process. Those accepted are chosen essentially based on merit. Students are sent to different laboratories according to their research projects and constraints (such as knowledge and skills) in accordance with the types of research conducted by the laboratories.
The different steps of the competitive admissions process are spread out from April to July :
• February – March : Creation of a list of potential thesis profiles by VAS
• May : Receive and examine applications according to the profile requirements (or equivalencies/exceptions to requirements)
• Late June : Competitive admissions process in 2 steps :
1) Preselection based on application
2) Interview with the selection committee
The results will be available before July 6th.
A specific calendar of this year is kept up-to-date.